For teaching roles, please submit an application through Schrole, our online recruitment system.
All of our recruitment for teaching positions at CIA FIRST is done solely through Schrole on which all of our updated and current vacancies are listed.
Please click link below to apply.
For non-teaching roles, we advertise all available positions via a local recruitment website, Bong Thom.
All applicants should be sure to review the full position description, requirements, and follow the application instructions given for each role.
Please click below to apply.
Based on this philosophy, CIA FIRST has adopted 10 Key Principles of Learning (McTighe, 2015):
1. Learning is purposeful and contextual.
Therefore, students should be helped to see the purpose in what they are asked to learn. Learning should be framed by relevant questions, meaningful challenges, and authentic applications.
2. Experts organize or chunk their knowledge around transferable core concepts (“big ideas”) that guide their thinking about the domain and help them integrate new knowledge.
Therefore, content instruction should be framed in terms of core ideas and transferable processes, not as discrete facts and skills.
3. Different types of thinking, such as classification and categorization, inferential reasoning, analysis, synthesis, and metacognition, mediate and enhance learning.
Therefore, learning events should engage students in complex thinking to deepen their learning.
4. Learners reveal and demonstrate their understanding when they can apply, transfer, and adapt their learning to new and novel situations and problems.
Therefore, teachers should teach for transfer, and students should have multiple opportunities to apply their learning in meaningful and varied contexts.
5. New learning is built on prior knowledge. Learners use their experiences and background knowledge to actively construct meaning about themselves and the world around them.
Therefore, students must be helped to actively connect new information and ideas to what they already know.
6. Learning is social.
Therefore, teachers should provide opportunities for interactive learning in a supportive environment.
7. Attitudes and values mediate learning by filtering experiences and perceptions.
Therefore, teachers should help students make their attitudes and values explicit and understand how they influence learning.
8. Learning is nonlinear; it develops and deepens over time.
Therefore, students should be involved in revisiting core ideas and processes so as to develop deeper and more sophisticated learning over time.
9. Feedback enhances learning and performance.
Therefore, ongoing assessments should provide learners with regular, timely, and user-friendly feedback, along with the opportunity to use it to practice, retry, rethink, and revise.
10.Effectively accommodating a learner’s preferred learning style, prior knowledge, and interests enhances learning.
Therefore, teachers should pre-assess to find out students’ prior knowledge, learning preference, and interests; then differentiate their instruction to address the significant differences they discover
គោលការណ៍គន្លឹះសំខាន់នៃការសិក្សានៅសាលាអន្តរជាតិ ស៊ី អាយ អេ ហ្វឺសត៍